Thank you for finding our PostHugger™ Hexagon Bracket Kits. If you look closely in customer-provided photos, we offer two styles. A 24-piece design and a 12-piece design. The 24 piece actually uses more steel at each corner (four brackets per corner) and is offered at a better price than the 12-piece (two brackets per corner). The circle insets in the two pictures show which brackets come in the four-brackets-per-corner set and two-brackets-per-corner set. We are able to offer the four-per-corner sets at a better price for two reasons — we are more efficient in making the 24-piece version and are able to ship the 24-piece set in two boxes, rather than the six or seven boxes it takes to ship the 12-piece version! Some still prefer the minimalist look of the 12-piece version, which is the reason why we still offer it. Select either option from the drop-down menus. Or go to https://posthugger.com/product/posthugger-24-pc-hexagon-pergola-bracket-set/ to order!
In the 24- Piece Set, you will receive a complete set of 24 brackets. There are 6 Left-Side Underarm Brackets and 6 Right-Side Underarm Brackets. These bolt to the top of each upright post and the underside of the Hexagon. There also are 6 Inside Brackets which bolt to the inside of the upright and the top Hexagon, and 6 Outside Brackets which bolt to the outside of the top hexagon. Other styles fail to attach to the uprights on more than one side, but our 24-Piece PostHugger™ Kit bolts onto three sides of each upright.
In the 12- Piece Set, you will receive a complete set of twelve (12) brackets. There are six (6) brackets which bolt to the top of each upright post and the inside of each corner and six (6) more brackets which bolt to the outside of the Hexagon as shown in the pictures. Other styles fail to attach to the uprights on more than one side, but our 12-Piece PostHugger™ Top-Mount Kit bolts onto both sides of each upright and forms a base for the incoming horizontal posts which also are then bolted on two sides.
WHY BUY POSTHUGGER™?
- We are the original designer of these brackets, often copied by others but never equaled! If you find a PostHugger™ knockoff, give us a chance to meet or beat their price.
- We use 1/8″ steel which is thicker than a Quarter and a Dime stacked on top of each other.
- Unlike others who just cut and ship steel right off their table, we take the time to hand debur and wire brush both the inside and outside of every piece.
- All powder coating is done in-house to ensure a quality application on each and every piece.
- We use only 100% first-rate, high quality powders, which are all made in America.
- We develop all designs ourselves and, unlike some, never poach the intellectual property of others.
- We proudly stand behind all our products.
- All our PostHugger™ Brackets & metal artwork products are Made in America with American-Made Steel!
These are sold sized either for 4×4 Posts or for 6×6 Posts. And if you would like an Octagon, see our listing for our 32-Piece Octagon Pergola Brackets Set!
All our brackets can be installed using any 1/2″ wood lag screws. If you use lag screws, we recommend 1/2″ x a minimum of a 2.5″ long lag bolt (for 4x4s) and (3.5″ for 6x6s), with longer bolts adding more strength. Bolts/lag screws are not included with our brackets; pick them up at your local Home Depot/Menard’s/Lowe’s/Ace Hardware store.
Also please note that these ship as raw, unpainted steel. You can order them from us with a black powder coat, paint them the color of your choice, finish them with a clear coat, or allow to achieve a natural rust patina over time. ***Powder Coated Brackets: If ordering brackets in the black powder coat, please allow an additional 1-2 days for shipping & delivery.***
©2022 Thermo-Flex Technologies, Inc. – All Designs, Photos, and Text are the Intellectual Property of Shop Owner and are not to be copied without express written permission.