– – For ACTUAL 4″ x 4″ Posts, not standard 4×4 posts which are 3.5″ x 3.5″ – –
These brackets are sold individually and are FOR USE WITH TRUE, ACTUAL, ROUGH CUT 4″x 4″ posts. (NOTE: These are for lumberyard rough cut, true or actual sized posts at 4″x4″. If you have standard store-bought dimensional 4×4 posts, which are 3.5″ x 3.5″, please shop here: https://posthugger.com/product/posthugger-brackets-for-4-x-4-posts-2/
We offer the following true/actual sized brackets here:
- Outside Corners – Used on outside corners to join/attach two incoming horizontal posts on top of an upright/vertical post. The holes line up with Bent L’s if you want to use them on the inside. They also work with the Double Inside Corner.
- Flat T Brackets – Used to join/attach two incoming horizontal posts which are resting on top of an upright/vertical post. The holes line up with the Bent L’s in case you want to use them in making an inside corner on the opposite side of your Flat T.
- Bent L’s – Used as an inside corner, either alone or in conjunction with an Outside Corner to make a steel/post/steel sandwich for aesthetics and/or additional strength. The holes also line up with our Flat T’s.
- Two Piece Post Base – Used to bolt an upright post to concrete or other suitable surface. If your post is going up against a wall, you will want to use our Full Post Base because it has just two feet, not four, so can be mounted closer to a wall.
If you want the same type brackets as this listing but for 6″ x 6″ TRUE, ACTUAL ROUGH CUT posts, click this link: https://posthugger.com/product/posthugger-brackets-for-true-actual-rough-cut-6×6-posts-heavy-duty-shop-and-pergola-brackets-1-8-plate-steel-made-in-usa/
Build your own rugged and heavy duty PostHugger™ Pergola, Double Pergola, shop/garage/CNC table, deck or even a wedding arch chuppah with our USA made 1/8″ steel Outside Corner brackets and more! Also great for fixing/reinforcing the one you already have! These are not flimsy/bendable metal. We make them using 1/8″ thick steel – a single corner bracket weighs just over 2 pounds – – strong enough to take what you throw at it (or what you throw it at!), but not so heavy where they are hard to work with. And all our PostHugger™ Brackets & metal artwork products are Made in America with American-Made Steel!
Our brackets can be installed using any 1/2″ wood lag screws or 1/2″ through-bolts. If you use lag screws, we recommend 1/2″ x a minimum of a 2.5″ long lag bolt, with longer bolts adding more strength. WOOD POSTS AND BOLTS/LAG SCREWS ARE NOT INCLUDED WITH OUR BRACKETS; you can pick them up at your local Home Depot/Menard’s/Lowe’s/Ace Hardware store. Lifestyle customer photos depict build/use variations only.
Please note that unless you choose the powder coated option, these ship as unfinished steel. You can either paint them the color of your choice, finish them with a clear coat, or allow to achieve a natural rust patina over time. If ordering our powder coated brackets, your order may take an additional day or two to work its way through our powder coating process, depending on our inventory at the time of your order.
If you would like to see customer photos (and a video!) of some of our brackets in use, click the link https://posthugger.com/photos/
Our standard Policies & Terms and Conditions apply to all orders of this product. © 2023 Thermo-Flex Technologies, Inc. – All Designs, Photos, and Text are the Intellectual Property of Shop Owner and are not to be copied without express written permission.