– – For Standard 4×4 Posts – –
Our Flat X™ Cross Brackets are 90 degree cross angle brackets designed to provide extra, heavy duty support to new or existing DIY builds & structures.
These brackets are sold individually and are FOR USE WITH 4 x 4 POSTS (3.5” x 3.5”). If you want the same thing, but for 6 x 6 posts click here: https://posthugger.com/product/flat-x-bracket-for-6-x-6-posts.
Build your own rugged and heavy duty PostHugger™ Pergola, Double Pergola, shop/garage/CNC table, or deck with our USA made 1/8″ steel “X Bracket”! These Flat X™ Brackets are 90-degree cross brackets constructed from 1/8″ thick steel — great for extra, heavy duty support for all your new DIY projects, and equally perfect for fixing/reinforcing the any build you already have!
These brackets are not flimsy/bendable metal. A single corner bracket weighs over 2 pounds – – strong enough to take what you throw at it (or what you throw it at!), but not so heavy where they are hard to work with. And all our PostHugger™ Brackets are Made in America with American-Made Steel!
We are the original designer of the PostHugger™ brackets, which may be copied, but never equaled! 🙂 If you find a PostHugger™ knockoff, give us a chance to meet or beat their price.
Please note that unless you choose the powder coated option, these ship as raw, unpainted steel. You can either paint them the color of your choice, finish them with a clear coat, or allow to achieve a natural rust patina over time.
***Powder Coated Brackets: If ordering brackets in the black powder coat, please allow an additional 1-2 days for shipping & delivery.***
Our brackets can be installed using any 1/2″ wood lag screws or 1/2″ thru bolts. WOOD POSTS AND BOLTS/LAG SCREWS ARE NOT INCLUDED WITH OUR BRACKETS; you can pick them up at your local Home Depot/Menard’s/Lowe’s/Ace Hardware store.
Our Other PostHugger™ Bracket offerings (sold separately) include:
- Outside Corners– Used on outside corners to join/attach two incoming horizontal posts on top of an upright/vertical post. The holes line up with Bent L’s if you want to use them on the inside.
- Flat T Brackets – Used to join/attach two incoming horizontal posts which are resting on top of an upright/vertical post. The holes line up with the Bent L’s in case you want to use them in making an inside corner on the opposite side of your Flat T.
- Bent L’s – Used as an inside corner, either alone or in conjunction with an Outside Corner to make a steel/post/steel sandwich for aesthetics and/or additional strength. The holes also line up with our Flat T’s.
- Double Inside Corners– The bottom part of this bracket attaches to the inside corner of an upright post, which then allows each ear on the top part of the bracket to go under horizontal posts coming in from the left and right sides. The holes are offset so that if used on the same post as an Outside Corner, they will not collide.
- Flat L’s – Used to join other parts of your design.
- Two Piece Post Base – Used to bolt a post to concrete or other suitable surface. If your post is going up against a wall or other flat surface which would interfere with having four feet, you will want to use either our Half-a-Post-Base, our 3-Sided Post Base (which has three feet) or our Full Post Base (which has just two feet) so that your post can be closer to a wall.
- Half a Post Base – This bracket is just one half of the Two Piece Post Base, for those who only need one (or another odd number).
- Three-Sided Post Base – Similar to our other Post Bases, but with three sides/feet.
- Full Post Base – Similar to our other Post Bases but with fours sides and just two feet (on opposite sides).
- Legless T™ – This bracket is the same dimensions & placement of bolt holes as the “T” – just without the bottom “leg” of the “T”! It measures 5.5″ x 16.5″ for a 6×6 post, and 3.5″ x 10.25″ for a 4×4 post.
- Flat X™ Bracket (THIS LISTING) – 90 degree cross angle brackets to provide extra, heavy duty support to new or existing DIY builds & structures.
- Flat Knee™ – This knee brace bracket sits flush against the outside of a knee joint.
- Bent Knee™ – This knee brace bracket is for use where you have a post coming in to meet another post at a 45° angle and want a bracket in the knee bend itself.
Click here to view & order all of the PostHugger™ Brackets & Kits you need for your DIY 4×4 post project builds: https://posthugger.com/product-category/brackets-for-4×4-posts/
If you would like to see customer photos (and a video!) of some of our brackets in use, click the link https://posthugger.com/photos/
Our standard Policies & Terms and Conditions apply to all orders of this product. © 2023 Thermo-Flex Technologies, Inc. – All Designs, Photos, and Text are the Intellectual Property of Shop Owner and are not to be copied without express written permission.