– – For 6×6 Posts – – For 6×6 Posts – – For 6×6 Posts – – For 6×6 Posts – –
These brackets are sold individually and are FOR USE WITH 6 x 6 POSTS (5.5” x 5.5”). The Height of these measure 10-1/16″ tall. If you want the same thing, but for 4 x 4 posts, click here.
Build your own rugged and heavy duty PostHugger™ Pergola with our USA made 1/8″ steel corner brackets! Also great for fixing/reinforcing the one you already have! These are not flimsy/bendable metal. We make them using 1/8″ thick steel – a single corner bracket weighs 6 pounds – – strong enough to take what you throw at it (or what you throw it at!), but not so heavy where they are hard to work with. And all our PostHugger™ Brackets & metal artwork products are Made in America with American-Made Steel!
We are the original designer of the PostHugger™ brackets, which may be copied, but never equaled! 🙂 If you find a PostHugger™ knockoff, give us a chance to meet or beat their price.
Please note that unless you choose the powder coated option, these ship as raw, unpainted steel. You can either paint them the color of your choice, finish them with a clear coat, or allow to achieve a natural rust patina over time. ***Powder Coated Brackets: If ordering brackets in the black powder coat, please allow an additional 1-2 days for shipping & delivery.***
We get a lot of questions about how to build a double pergola (one with six legs) like you may have seen in one of our photos – they use the following:
- 4 Outside Corners
- 2 Flat T’s
- 8 Bent L Inside Corners
- 6 Full Post Bases (or 6 of our Two-Piece Post Bases)
Our brackets can be installed using any 1/2″ wood lag screws or 1/2″ thru bolts. If you use lag screws, we recommend 1/2″ x 2″ length. If you choose to go with thru bolts, go at least 1/2″ x 4.5″. Bolts/lag screws are not included with our brackets; you can pick them up at your local Home Depot/Menard’s/Lowe’s/Ace Hardware store.
Our Bracket offerings include:
- Outside Corners – Used on outside corners to join/attach two incoming horizontal posts on top of an upright/vertical post. The holes line up with Bent L’s if you want to use them on the inside.
- Flat T Brackets – Used to join/attach two incoming horizontal posts which are resting on top of an upright/vertical post. The holes line up with the Bent L’s in case you want to use them in making an inside corner on the opposite side of your Flat T.
- Bent L’s – Used as an inside corner, either alone or in conjunction with an Outside Corner to make a steel/post/steel sandwich for aesthetics and/or additional strength. The holes also line up with our Flat T’s.
- Double Inside Corners – The bottom part of this bracket attaches to the inside corner of an upright post, which then allows each ear on the top part of the bracket to go under horizontal posts coming in from the left and right sides. The holes are offset so that if used on the same post as an Outside Corner, they will not collide.
- Flat L’s – Used to join other parts of your design.
- Two Piece Post Base (THIS LISTING) – Used to bolt an upright 6×6 post to concrete or other suitable surface. If your post is going up against a wall, you will want to use our Full Post Base because it has just two feet, not four, so can be mounted closer to a wall.
- Half a Post Base– This Bracket is just one half of the Two Piece Post Base, for those who only need one (or another odd number).
- Full Post Base – Mount a 6×6 to a flat surface. These have 8 bolt holes to lag with up to 3” lag bolts — two on each side. All 8 are offset, so no concerns about them hitting each other. One side is left open to reduce issues with fat/twisted 6x6s not fitting. When using our post base, tighten to the inside corner to seat post and then tighten the two sides with the open edges and they will clamp down on the post. The ears for bolting down to concrete are set far enough away so drill/tools have easier access. Like all our brackets, these are made with 1/8” thick steel.
- Legless T™ – This bracket is the same dimensions & placement of bolt holes as the “T” – just without the bottom “leg” of the “T”!
Click here to view & order all of the PostHugger™ Brackets & Kits you need for your pergola build: https://posthugger.com/product-category/brackets-for-6×6-posts/
If you would like to see customer photos (and a video!) of some of our brackets in use, click the link https://posthugger.com/photos/
© 2022 Thermo-Flex Technologies, Inc. – All Designs, Photos, and Text are the Intellectual Property of Shop Owner and are not to be copied without express written permission.